Invisalign is one of the leading orthodontic procedures nowadays due to its undeniable advantages compared to other conventional treatments. Patients can get straighter teeth more comfortably, conveniently, and most of all discreetly! The treatment uses a SmartTrack material that is clear and highly flexible to deliver constant force that reduces the discomfort felt by patients.
The treatment was invented by two Stanford students of MBA named Zia Chishti and Kelsey Wirth. It began when Zia Chishti, an adult orthodontic patient came up with the idea when he was struggling with his retainers after the braces are removed. Chishti thought that the aligners could be used throughout the entire orthodontic procedure. By that time retainers are acrylic pieces placed on the palate (roof of the mouth) that has wires that maintain the position of the teeth.
Zia Chishti thought of ideas like having a set of removable retainers can be as effective as having metal braces but with added benefits. Thanks to those ideas Invisalign was brought to life and became one of the most preferred treatments for straightening the teeth.
We at Horizon Dental Care with the modern advancements in dentistry offers Invisalign to our patients who wish to straighten their teeth. Straight teeth do not merely provide beautiful smiles but also help with the maintenance of the teeth’s health. Invisalign, a virtually invisible treatment that provides visible and favorable results for a beautiful looking smile.
How to Get the Most out of Invisalign?
- Commit on wearing Invisalign trays every day for 20 to 22 hours. It should only be removed during cleaning, eating, and drinking substances other than water.
- The first 48 hours of the treatment is when the teeth move the most, the commitment for its wear should go double to ensure an effective and efficient result.
- Strictly follow the schedule given by the dentist on when to switch out the trays. Typically, the trays are replaced every two weeks, but it may differ depending on the patient’s teeth condition.
- When switching out the trays, make sure to follow the correct sequence to prevent any unnecessary discomfort of wearing the wrong aligners.
- Maintain proper dental hygiene and care to ensure the health of the teeth and its oral structure. Invisalign trays are removable which makes it easier for patients to practice better hygiene than having traditional metal braces.
- Keep the aligners clean by using a soft-bristled toothbrush, gentle, soap, and lukewarm water. Avoid the use of toothpaste due to its abrasive properties and hot water that can cause the tray to deform.
Achieve straight teeth for better overall health and wellness by using a virtually invisible treatment for effective results!
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Georgetown, TX, book your appointments with Horizon Dental Care! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!