At Horizon Dental Care, we offer custom nightguards that are made to protect your teeth from the harmful effects of nighttime teeth grinding. If you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding), we have a solution for you. But, did you know that bruxism could be attributed to some habits that you do during the day.
Stress during the day may be able to be managed by you, however at night (while you’re sleeping) it sometimes manifests itself by grinding and clenching of your teeth. There are things you can do during the day (in your awake hours) that can naturally help curb your bruxism during the night while you are sleeping.
Tips For Curbing Your Bruxism During The Day
- Apply warm and moist heat to your jaw to relax your smooth muscles.
- Drink a glass of warm turmeric milk in the evening before you go to bed.
- Lavender oil is known for its calming effects on your body and emotions. Apply a small amount to the back of your neck, your pillow or a diffuser before you go to bed.
- Try limiting your alcohol, tobacco, drug and caffeine use.
- Massage your jaw area. Don’t forget to massage your neck and shoulders as well. All of these locations tend to “hold” stress and a massage will help reduce the tension in them.
Tips For Curbing Your Bruxism While You Sleep
- Call Horizon Dental Care today and book your appointment with one of our dentists.
- Request a custom nightguard to be made to address your specific bruxism needs.
- Wear your new nightguard and enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep knowing you are protecting your teeth from the harmful effects of grinding and clenching.
Posted on Behalf of Horizon Dental Care