Veneers are thin, shell-like prostheses that are placed on the front surface of the teeth that need to be improved. Their purpose is to cover up the most common teeth imperfections that usually bothers people about their smile. These include discolorations, cracks, chips, excessive spaces, worn down, and even slightly misaligned teeth. Wonder why most celebrities appear to be always camera ready? Believe it or not, even famous people have smile worries as well, and veneers helped them get over it.
As technology continues to improve, so as dentistry treatments and procedures. Not only are there innovations, but traditional dental care services are also being upgraded to cater to the needs and expectations of patients. For instance, there are now various brands of veneers available in the market. Out of all the options, we at Horizon Dental Care chose to offer Lumineers.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers have the same aim as traditional veneers but with a few differences. These prostheses are now ultra-thin and require less to no preparation for its placement on the teeth. Aside from the mentioned issues that can be corrected by veneers, Lumineers can also be used to improve the appearance of unnatural-looking prostheses like crowns and bridges.
Benefits of Lumineers
Aside from correcting several smile flaws, there are other benefits that the branded veneers can offer. Here are as follows:
- Since it requires less to no enamel shavings, more of the natural teeth can be preserved.
- Patients can expect no amount of pain or discomfort during its placement, thereby eliminating the need for local anesthetics.
- Getting multiple Lumineers placement in one session is possible.
- The thickness of the prosthesis is comparable to the contact lens. With it, patients can expect no bulkiness when Lumineers are applied to the teeth.
- Patients who underwent the placement of Lumineers and found it unfavorable can rest easy for it can be reversed.
- It would only take two visits to have the teeth enhanced with Lumineers.
Unfortunately, the treatment is not suited for everyone. So to make sure if Lumineers is the best teeth enhancement solution for you, make sure to book an initial consultation first. If it happened to be a poor choice, our dentist could recommend a different alternative.
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with Horizon Dental Care and check out our Lumineers in Georgetown, TX! We are located at 1615 Williams Dr. Georgetown, TX 78628.